This policy describes the rules related to qualifying and obtaining a partial refund for player fees paid to 5 Star Midsouth in any given season. Approval of any reimbursement will be governed by and subject to this policy.
Deposit Fee: The fee charged to each player at acceptance of a roster position on a 5 Star Midsouth team. This fee is used to secure a roster spot and to offset the administrative costs and expenses incurred in the operation and management of the program. This fee is non-refundable.
Player Fee: The total fee charged to each player for a single season of play with 5 Star Midsouth (less the Deposit Fee). Except as provided herein the player fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Length of Season: The season begins on the first day of practice and ends at the conclusion of the last scheduled regular-season game or tournament.
Season Ending Injury: An injury will be considered “season-ending” when a licensed physician determines that due to an injury a player cannot participate in the remainder of the ongoing season and/or the upcoming season. The physician’s determination of a season-ending injury must be in writing and addressed directly to 5 Star Midsouth or through another approved verification method.
Player fee reimbursement is only offered in accordance with the rules and conditions outlined in this policy. 5 Star Midsouth reserves the right to update, modify or terminate this program at any time without binding itself to or fulfilling any specific course of action from past or future commitments.
5 Star Midsouth shall not be obligated to approve any request for a player fee reimbursement based upon any other reimbursement decisions made for the benefit of the same or different players. Each request for player fee reimbursement shall be evaluated for eligibility based upon the current facts and circumstances. 5 Star Midsouth shall have sole and final authority to make all decisions regarding the approval or denial of any player fee reimbursement request.
All requests for player fee reimbursement must satisfy BOTH of the following conditions:
1. The player has suffered a season-ending injury; AND
2. The player is currently on the payment of all deposit fees and player fees.
Procedure to Submit Request:
To submit a request for player fee reimbursement, the player’s parent should submit the request in writing via email at email@example.com.
In order to be considered for approval, the injured player must be evaluated by a licensed physician. The licensed physician must determine the player’s injury will prevent the player from participating in the remainder of the ongoing season or prevent participation in the upcoming season. The licensed physician’s determination of a season-ending injury shall be attached to the email request.
The length of each season is divided into four (4) quarters for the purposes of calculating the potential amount of each player fee reimbursement. The season begins on the first day of practice and ends after the final game or practice of the summer. Eligible player fee reimbursements will be made on a pro-rata basis based upon the quarters remaining in the current 5 Star Midsouth season from the date of the season-ending injury. Reimbursements shall be calculated as follows:
• If a season-ending injury occurs before the 1st quarter of the season, the player may be eligible for a refund of up to 100% of the player fee.
• If a season-ending injury occurs during the 1st quarter of the season, the player may be eligible for a refund of up to 75% of the player fee.
• If a season-ending injury occurs during the 2nd quarter of the season, the player may be eligible for a refund of up to 50% of the player fee.
• If a season-ending injury occurs in the 3rd quarter of the season, the player may be eligible for a refund of up to 25% of the player fee.
• Injuries that occur in the 4th quarter of the season are not eligible for any refund.
• Players shall not be eligible for a refund of the deposit fee in any circumstance.
Ineligible for Reimbursement:
Player fees will not be reimbursed by 5 Star Midsouth for any of the following reasons:
• Players’ Voluntary Cancellation. If a player voluntarily cancels or withdraws from participation with 5 Star Midsouth for any reason, he is not eligible for a refund. This would include any cancelation unrelated to a season-ending injury.
• Dismissed Players. A player who is dismissed or removed from his team by the team’s head coach or by a 5 Star Midsouth Director for disciplinary reasons will not be eligible for a refund of any player fees. All players may be subject to disciplinary action, including but not limited to dismissal, by the team’s head coach for any behavior which affects the player’s ability to fully participate on the team or behavior which is detrimental or dangerous to the other players on the team. After a head coach has made a decision to dismiss or remove a player, such a player is not eligible for any refund.
Exclusions from the Policy:
This Reimbursement Policy will not extend to reimbursement of player fees resulting in whole or in part from, or contributed to by, or as a natural or probable consequence of, any of the following:
• Suspension of the Player for all or part of a season for disciplinary reasons
• War or any act of war, declared or undeclared.
• A Player’s inability to participate due to injury caused by the player’s consumption of alcohol or any non-prescribed medication or drugs.
• Player’s decision to quit participation with 5 Star Midsouth for any reason.
• A player’s removal from a team based on lack of effort in competition.
• A player’s temporary inability to participate due to vacation, family emergency, illness, non-season ending injury, or other reasons.