Director of Operations
- Derek is a native of Mt. Juliet, TN. He grew up with a passion for baseball…..and that passion remains today.
- Derek attended Mt. Juliet High School, where he was a 3-year starting pitcher and 3rd baseman, collecting such honors as All-District and All-MidState in both his junior and senior years.
- As a pitcher at Mt. Juliet, Derek compiled a career E.R.A under 1.70 and a winning percentage over .800. Derek’s success in high school led to a Division I scholarship to Tennessee Tech University.
- Derek quickly made his mark at TTU by becoming the only freshman starting pitcher in the rotation for Ohio Valley Conference games……a spot he would hold for the remainder of his 4-yr career.
- While at Tech, Derek led the team in appearances as a freshman, most wins in a season, was voted senior-captain, and also achieved multiple Academic All-OVC honors. Derek is still listed in the top 10 all-time at TTU in six different pitching categories.
- After graduating from Tech with a degree in finance, Derek moved back to Mt. Juliet and began coaching and working with area youth to help them realize their baseball potential.
- Has coached multiple competitive teams of various ages for the past 18-years, and founded the Wilson Vols program in 2006. The Wilson Vols program is one of the most successful travel baseball programs in Middle Tennessee. The original Vols team from 2006 has seen several players reach their goal of playing college baseball. Under the development of Derek and other Vol coaches, 5 members of the original Vols team are now playing within several college divisions, including D1 (SEC), D2, NAIA and JuCo.
- Rob was born and raised in Nashville, TN and has lived there his entire life.
- He graduated from McGavock High School in 1992 where he was all-district in 1991 and 1992, all-region in 1991, all-N.I.L. in 1991 and 1992 and was the 12-AAA all-district MVP in 1992.
- After graduating from McGavock High School he received a baseball scholarship to Aquinas Junior College where he was all-region in 1993 and 1994.
- He then received a baseball scholarship from Tennessee Technological University where he was on the Academic ALL-OVC honor roll in 1995 and 1996.
- He also received his Bachelor’s Degree in Health and Physical Education. In 2003, he received his Master’s Degree from
Trevecca Nazarene University.
- Rob taught and coached in the Metropolitan Nashville School System for 13 years. He was at McGavock High School for 11 years. He was the assistant baseball coach for 9 years under Mel Brown and was the head baseball coach for 2 years before moving to Mt. Juliet Middle School where he coached football for 1 year and was the Head 6th grade baseball coach.
- Rob’s success led to accepting the Mt. Juliet High School varsity assistant position in 2012. Rob was responsible for developing hitters and pitchers at Mt. Juliet High School, helping to lead the Bears to several district, regional and sectional championships.
- He is well-connected in the high school and college arena and is widely recognized as a top evaluator of talent.
High School Program Director
- A native of Fort Lauderdale, FL and graduate at South Broward High School.
- Broward High School Baseball All-District, and Senior All-Star participant in baseball.
- 2 year player at Northwood University in West Palm Beach, FL as a pitcher/corner guy.
- 2-year starter at Asbury University as a
catcher/pitcher. Champions of Character Award as well as River-States Conference Scholar-Athlete Award member.
- Involved with PerfectGame Recruits as an Assistant Tournament Director for the Ohio Valley Region in 2016.
- Started coaching summer baseball in 2015 with Pompano Beach Summer Baseball Club.
- Coached with Knights Baseball for a little over 2 years for both their H.S. and Youth divisions.
- Coach at LPG Sports Academy for over a year coaching youth ages (2-10).
- Lebanon H.S. Assistant Coach for 1 year.
- Current H.S. Director
- Have been a part of the program the last 5 years.